Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Comfort Food - Apple Crisp

Hey there, It’s Jenny. I’m not feeling too hot today. Got a bad head cold and keep getting chills. I was craving warm apple crisp though this morning and Carrie was over, so she called up her Grandma and gave me her Grandma’s apple crisp recipe. I then promptly dragged my sickly butt into the kitchen and set to work. 

Preheat the oven to 350F. Peel, core and slice 8 apples and then put them in a big bowl and mix in a cup of white sugar and 2 tablespoons of flour. Grease a rectangle baking dish, like 8x14, and put in your apple mixture. Next you can use the same bowl to mix your topping together. Combine 1 cup of oats, 1 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 2/3 cup of melted butter, 1 1/2 cup of flour, 1/2 tsp of baking soda and a tsp of salt. Mush it together so it’s nice and crumbly and then evenly pour it over your sugared apples. Bake at 350F for 30 minutes. Oh so good! Serve with ice cream or cool whip.


I realized half way through my creation that my Quaker Oats expired nearly a year and a half ago so I substituted it with 3 packets of instant oatmeal πŸ˜‚. 2 Maple brown sugar packets and one cinnamon spice. Carrie made fun of me of course cuz this isn’t the first time we’ve found expired food on my pantry. It happens to us all though right? Any ways the Apple Crisp was exactly what I had been craving and it turned out great 😊


Grandma’s Apple Crisp
  • 8 apples (peeled, cored, and sliced)
  • 1 cup of white sugar
  • 2 tbsp flour
Topping
  • 1 cup oats
  • 1 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 2/3 cup melted butter
  • 1 1/2 cup flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tsp salt

No comments:

Post a Comment